Farran Street Quality Child Care Centre is a private long day care centre that provides care for 29 children between the ages of 0 to 6. The Centre is designed to provide a warm and family orientated environment promoting child development in a fun and educational manner, helping to prepare children for their further schooling years.
Farran Street child care has been operating for over 10 years in a quiet, residential area of Lane Cove, just off Mowbray road and near Mowbray Primary School. The long day care centre services the Lane Cove, Chatswood, Willoughby, Artarmon, Northwood, Gore Hill and surrounding areas. The quiet and natural surroundings make it a perfect location for children to play and grow in safe and warm environment.
"The philosophy of Farran Street is that children should be introduced to themselves. They should be allowed to learn who they are and what they can be. The purpose of early education at Farran Street is to foster competence in dealing with life, learning to live comfortably with others, planning to master and safely express one's feelings, learning to love life and welcome new experiences. Children should be loved unconditionally and their trust treasured so that they will benefit to their full potential under our care."
Frances Pattra - Director
Farran Street prides itself on being a "home away from home". Farran Street Quality Child Care Centre is a small intimate centre, where you'll find quality relationships being formed between children, their friends and teachers. Our open door policy encourages parents and guardians to visit and participate in our centre.
Cultural diversity amongst staff and activities is valued at Farran Street. This diversity is evident through our multicultural mix of staff and our wide array of cultural activities. This diversity combined with the intimate nature of the centre allows children to develop a strong sense of community.
At Farran Street we encourage a love of play, creativity, and love of learning. We believe that through these, children will develop a strong sense of self, resilience and self worth.
- Fully Accredited Long Day Care for 29 children
- Babies Room and Pre School Room
- Children from 12 weeks to 6 years
- Open from 7:30am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday
- Nappies, hats, bed linen, sun block and a Farran Street T Shirt provided
- Nutritious meals provided, prepared and cooked on site
- High Trained Staff to Children ratio
- Small Family Oriented Centre
- Comprehensive School Readiness program
- Individual Child portfolios
- Closed on public holidays
- Open 50 weeks of the year
- Staff continually attend in service courses to keep up to date
- Fully trained and experienced staff
- Focus children